Meet Dr. Douglas J. Skarada
Ear Nose and Throat Specialist in Salem, Oregon
Dr. Douglas Skarada is board certified in Otolaryngology by the American Board of Otolaryngology and has over 20 years of experience in Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) specialty care. His areas of expertise include innovative sinus care, advanced allergy therapy, comprehensive nasal care, and treatment for sleep apnea and snoring disorders.
Dr. Skarada takes pride in providing personalized, individual care for every patient, utilizing state-of-the-art technology and advanced treatment options. Visit the Modern Nose Clinic to see how Dr. Skarada and his friendly, knowledgeable staff can help you improve your health and your quality of life.
- Bachelor of Arts & Science (Neurobiology), Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1991
- Doctor of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 1996
- Howard Hughes Research Fellowship, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, 1996
- Hospital Internship, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 1997
- Hospital Residency, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 1998-2001
- Otolaryngology Residency, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO
- Transitional Year Internship, Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St Louis, MO
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology
- Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy
- Fellow, Academy of Rhinology Society
- Faculty Speaker, Academy of Rhinology Society
- Participant, Annual Meeting 2017, Academy of Rhinology Society
- Chair, Specialty Division, Board of Directors, North West Integrated Providers, 2015 to present
- Office-based Surgical Practice Educator, Faculty, Entellus Medical, 2015 to present
- Member, Executive Compact Implementation Committee, Salem Health, current
- Executive Committee Chair, Board of Directors, MVP Health Authority, 2010-2014
- President, Board of Directors, MVP Health Authority, 2010-2014
- Member, Board of Directors, MVP Health Authority, 2002-2014
Awards and Publications
Dr. Skarada has received honors and awards from the American Association of Medical Colleges and the American Medical Association.
His research has appeared in Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, The American Journal of Otology, and the Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, among other.